Lynmore Primary School

(07) 345 9850 reception@lynmore.school.nz Iles Road, Lynmore, Rotorua
TE KURA O OWHATIURA

International Fee Paying Students 

Lynmore Primary School accepts applications from foreign fee paying students who are primary school age (5-11 years) and will be living with a parent. Acceptance of these students will be at the discretion of the Principal and Board of Trustee. 

We hold a Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students which enables us to enrol a number of students who are residing with a parent in NZ. 
Copies of the Code are available from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website at www.minedu.govt.nz/international.

Students must hold a current student visa before beginning school.

We have a specialist teacher who will assist with teaching English to non-English speaking students. When they commence at our school each student will be assessed as to the level of English tuition they require.  

International students are usually placed in the same year level for their age and are involved in the day to day learning of that class. They will be withdrawn as necessary for extra  tuition from our specialist English teacher (ESOL).

Students are required to wear our school uniform whilst they attend Lynmore Primary School  and must abide by all school rules. 

Fees are set at $3,750 per term ( 3-11 months ) or $14,000 per year. One term is the usual minimum enrolment time to ensure stability for the class.  Administration fee $300.00. No refunds.

We do not pay agents fees. 

IMMIGRATION Full details of immigration requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available from Immigration New Zealand, and can be viewed on their website at www.immigration.govt.nz.

ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH SERVICES Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at www.moh.govt.nz.

ACCIDENT INSURANCE The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents, and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at www.acc.co.nz.

MEDICAL AND TRAVEL INSURANCE International students (including group students) must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand.